When you begin playing Last Epoch, the first thing that you will need to do is create a character. You can do this by selecting the “Create New Character” option from the main menu. This will allow you to choose a base Class and three Masteries with unique skills.
You can also modify your characters through the crafting system by adding or removing Affix Shards from equipment items. This will change the item’s color and may also give it a chance to drop a unique or set item.
Creating a strong character in Last Epoch is crucial to completing the campaign and leveling up. Having a class that can survive mobs and bosses is essential, especially during the campaign. Luckily, several classes can do this.
Using our Last Epoch class tier list, you can find the best playstyle class and start playing immediately. Moreover, you can try different builds and see what works best for you. However, remember that you cannot swap masteries in Last Epoch.
How to Create a Character in the Last Epoch?
Here are the steps for character creation in Last Epoch:
- Select Create New Character from the main menu.
- Select a base class: Acolyte, Mage, Primalist, Rogue, Sentinel.
- Choice of class will affect a couple of things like:
- Your passive skills and available masteries
- Iconic gear
- Attributes at start
Name: You must name your character. You can create a name up to 20 characters long.
Masteries: Each class has three masteries, and each mastery comes with a unique set of skills. You can click their name to see these skills.
Modes: There are 3 gameplay modes in Last Epoch:
- Hardcore Mode: Upon death, you lose your title ” Deathless ” on your character card. Your character is demoted to a softcore character, as well.
- Solo Challenge: Solo characters cannot access the shared stash meaning that your character will have its own inventory for items like affix shards or gold instead.
- Masochist: Your character and minions take increased damage from enemies. Your character will also deal decreased damage to enemies.
What to Consider When Creating a Character?
The first thing you need to do when creating a character in Last Epoch is to decide what class you want to play. Each of the three classes has its own unique abilities and playstyles. For your first playthrough, you can choose a Void Knight to build. This is the toughest class in the game, and it can easily slay mobs and bosses.
Once you have chosen your class, you can customize your appearance and name. You can also choose to enable Hardcore Mode for your character. This will make gameplay more challenging and less forgiving, but it will give you a greater sense of accomplishment.
To create a powerful custom build in Last Epoch, you must understand how different skills and passives synergize within your mastery tree (or across trees). This will allow you to maximize your damage, survivability, and utility. You should also keep an eye out for gear that can enhance particular aspects of your build, such as spell damage or damage reduction.