Deep Rock Galactic is a 1-4 player co-op first-person shooter where players take on the role of dwarf miners sent into the alien planet Hoxxes IV, whose caves are full of bugs and hazards. The game features 100% destructible terrain, dynamically generated caverns, and an abundance of enemies.
Each dwarf class has its own set of weapons and abilities that can be customized to fit the players’ playstyle. These are called perks, and they’re account-wide bonuses that can be unlocked by completing milestones in the game to earn perk points.
Deep Rock Galactic Perks List
There are 23 perks divided into 9 tiers, each with a maximum of 4 levels (some perks have only one level). You must complete specific milestones and earn perk points to unlock a perk. Once you’ve earned a certain number of points, you can then purchase it at the Key Performance Indicator terminal.
Top-tier perks are those that work for a broad range of classes, builds, and situations. They also need to be flexible enough that they won’t require you to modify your playstyle as you change between missions.
In addition, a top-tier perk needs to be strong enough to be equipped by a player with limited perks available. Despite the complexity of unlocking these additional slots, passive perks are by far the most useful – and therefore the best-rated – options for the Deep Rock Galactic perk system.
For instance, the hover boots perk is great for scouts as it prevents fall damage, a common cause of early-game death. However, outside of this use, it’s mildly effective in mining and movement but hardly game-breaking.
Another perk that can make a huge difference to dwarves is the vampire perk. This allows them to recover health from their enemies and can be helpful on the lower hazard levels of Deep Rock Galactic.
- Tier 1 – Field Magic, Friendly, Heightened Senses, Second Wind, See you in Hell, Thorns
- Tier 2 – Veteran Depositor, Field Magic 2, Heightened Senses 2, Second Wind 2, See you in Hell 2, Thorns 2
- Tier 3 – Veteran Depositor 3, Field Magic 3, Resupplier, Iron Will, Heightened Senses 3, Second Wind 3, See You in Hell 3, Thorns 3, Hover Boots
- Tier 4 – Berzerker, Veteran Depositor 3, Field Magic 4, Sweet Tooth, Resupplier 2, Iron Will 2, Elemental Insulation, Second Wind 4, Thorns 4, New Passive Perk Slot, Hover Boots
- Tier 5 – Berzerker 2, Veteran Depositor 4, Sweet Tooth 2, Resupplier 3, Unstoppable, Iron Will 3, Strong Arm, Elemental Insulation 2, Hover Boots 3
- Tier 6 – Berzerker 3, Sweet Tooth 3, Resupplier 4, Unstoppable 2, Iron Will 4, Vampire 1, Strong Arm 2, Elemental Insulation 3, Dash 1, Beast Master 1, Howver Boots 4
- Tier 7 – Berzerker 4, Deep Pockets, Unstoppable 3, Vampire 2, Strong Arm 3, Born Ready 1, Shield Link, Dash 2, Beast Master 2
- Tier 8 – Deep Pockets 2, Unstoppable 4, Vampire 3, Strong Arm 4, Born Ready 2, Shield Link 2, Dash 3, It’s a Bug Things, Beast Master 3
- Tier 9 – Deep Pockets 3, Vampire 4, Born Ready 3, Shield Link 3, Dash 4, It’s a Bug Thing 2, Beast Master 4, New Passive Perk Slot 2.
Deep Rock Galactic – Honor Badges List
|Honor Badge||Effective Level||Total XP Required|
Deep Rock Galactic – Best Weapons Tier List
|S Tier||Breach Cutter, Nishanka Boltshark X, Jeepcore 40mm PGI, Hurricane Guided Rocket System|
|A Tier||Lok-1 Smart Rifle, RSPR Flamethrower, “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, Subata 120, AK-25 Plasma Carbine, Jury-Rigged Boomstick, “Bulldog” Heavy Revolver, “Stubby “Voltaic SMG, Shard Diffractor|
|B Tier||Cryo Cannon, “Thunderhead” Heavy Autocannon, M1000 Classic, Colette Wave Cooker, Zhukov NUK17, Corrosive Sludge Pump, Warthog Auto 210, BRT7 Burst Fire Gun|
|C Tier||ArmsKore Coil Gun, Experimental Plasma Charger, Deepcore GK2|